What Is Dutch Lap Siding?
Dutch lap is a simple term used to describe metal siding in which the bottom of each piece overlaps and covers the top edges and any seams of an adjacent piece. Metal dutch lap siding can be cut to fit almost any home design, including corners, bay windows, and odd angles for a custom look. It can also be installed in multiple ways for it to match any home’s aesthetic.
Dutch lap siding was first developed in the Netherlands centuries ago and became a standard for building because of its durability and affordability. It grew to become very popular throughout the world due to its low cost and durability, so much so that even homes built hundreds of years later still have this type of exterior siding on their porches or stairs.
Dutch Lap Siding Benefits
- It will meet all of your aesthetic needs since continuous lap siding has a classic look that appeals to any home.
- Resist to the elements: Rain, Snow, Hail, etc.
- The nails used in this type of siding do not need to be heated before being nailed into place, making installation faster and easier.
- Metal dutch lap siding also lasts much longer than other types of siding options, so you can trust it will be very cost-effective and durable.
- Easy to maintain.
- You can paint it or stain it to match any other existing trim or exterior doors on the exterior of your home.
How Dutch Lap Siding Works
You need to cut the metal pieces to match all the places you want them to be installed. You bevel the top of the piece to make the siding’s bottom half stand out. This way, you will be able to easily differentiate the regular section from the beveled section, thanks to the dimension created on the siding.
Metal Roofing Supply Is The Key
If you’re looking for the best metal roofing company in Arkansas, look no further! At Metal Roofing Supply, we have experience working with dutch lap siding and are confident we can provide the same high-quality service to your residential or commercial property needs. To learn more about our services, please get in touch with us today!