Metal Roofing Fabrication – Things You Didn’t Know
No matter what you’re building, metal roofs last longer against the elements than conventional roofs. And that extra durability means money in the long run—less roofing maintenance and fewer roof replacements.
One of the most common questions asked is what is metal roofing and what makes it different from conventional shingling? The secret lies in its unique interlocking panels that act as a shield against the elements, but where do these panels come from and how is it all fabricated?
To make the metal roofing panels, you’re going to need the right equipment.
- Roll Forming Machine
- Crane (To move material into Roll-Former)
- Forklift (to transport the materials and finished roofing panels)
Believe it or not, metal roofing comes from Metal Coils, a thin flat stock rolled into a coil.
They are made out of an outer nickel-titanium alloy-coil and an inner stainless steel coil; these metals are refined and placed in a rolling machine to reduce the thickness of the coils and achieve the desired grade.
So how are these coils then transformed into Metal Roofing?
- Metal Coils are placed into a roll-former.
- A computer is programmed to cut the metal sheets to any length.
- The machine bends the metal until it takes its final shape.
- The completed metal is inspected at the end of the roll-former.
- The roofing panels are wrapped in plastic and secured with a metal band to protect during transportation.
- The metal sheets are ready to be installed.
In addition to the panels, to complete the metal roof, you must consider the extra accessories that are required in metal roofing fabrication, from additional procedures to extra materials you need to complete the installation, such as:
- Drip Rake
- Ridge Cap
- Valley Pans
- Roof Flashing
- Trim and Flashings
- Foam Closures
- Metal Purlins
Looking For Metal Roofing Supply Stores In Fort Smith, AR?
At Metal Roofing Supply, we have all the equipment necessary to deliver the best selection of any metal roofing stores in Fort Smith, AR. We guarantee the highest quality of product in the area.
We have the experience and expertise along with a wide range of quality products to take care of your roofing needs. Get in touch with our team if you have any questions about our services.